Astrology and my first psychic experience

A few months ago I said that I was thinking of describing my psychic experiences. Well, here is one. Not sure where to put it. Here is as good as any. I have posted this elsewhere on the net with some details changed because I didn't feel comfortable telling it all at that time. But here I will give the totally correct astrology chart. But first things first. This is going to get weird. Very weird.

As a kid in the early 80's I was probably more sensitive than many to stuff. But all in all I was a normal kid and normal middle class things happened. Then when I was 9 it was late at night. Suddenly a piece of occult art appeared in my room out of nowhere: a pole with an ornate serpent on it burnt like fire. The serpent had a facial expression like a leer like "i know a secret and I'm not going to tell you". Then everything vanished and I was in a world of endless sand. There were three people dancing in front of me who looked tall and Indian. They chanted a gibberish language that was not English.

I must have screamed. I was 9. My folks ran into my room. They grabbed the pole. They didn't get it. I couldn't explain to them. So I didn't. But for the next month all I could see in my mind's eye was that serpent expression. The leering. The staring at me with its eyes. The deep burnt red colour. In my sleep. Every minute of every day I saw it: the serpent.

I wanted to think that it was a prank. If I could see that in my family the serpent would vanish from my mind! So I stared at my sisters and my folks. But I couldn't see it; there was no prank. It was real. No human being had done any of it. I tried telling my best friend at school. He wasn't scared by anything. That kind of kid. But I got 30 seconds into telling him and all the colour drained from his face. So I stopped. After that I told nobody for decades.

I told a few people from time to time. An astrologer. A student of postgraduate history of witchcraft. They suggested kundalini energy, past life as an Indian in an ashram and other things; I didn't know what to think.

In all this time it never occurred to me do an astrology chart of the event. But last year I did. The result blew me off my chair. Why do I recall the time and date with precision? Because when the serpent stared at me I got an overwhelming message: there is something about this date that is why I have come to see you. It was like telepathy. Thus I always remembered the date and the time and said it about the event. So to do a chart here it is:

May 1, 1984, 9 PM, Melbourne, Australia.

Now I won't spoil your fun. You won't need to be a rocket scientist to see how that fits into the occult. Trust me on that. Add of course the meaning of May Day and the maypole as in the serpent appearing on a pole. That is another rabbit hole. Just saying.

Laugh if you want. Don't believe me. I will pass any polygraph test. Any. I will never change from what I saw. I know what I saw. I didn't enjoy it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said I do not think that there was anything evil; I think that I was visited by a nature spirit. I had no connection at all to Indian culture; the chanting of the three men wasn't any language that I know about.

To me this and the chart proves beyond all doubt that astrology works; an experience this weird should have a chart just as weird. This is definitely the case.

Thank you for reading. It is not easy to write about this. My skin goes white writing about it. Even this many years later. I wish that I could say it in person. If I could my sincerity would be clearer. But I am anonymous.

Hi Quinny,

I like your choice of User Name.

I'm NOT sure what you are asking.

A Serpent or a Cobra is a good sign, even if it does take time to get used to.

I don't think we need to call things Occult now, they are just things outwith out normal comprehension.

Tell us more about what you are asking of Astrology.

If you set a Chart for the time and date you mention in the place you where I'm sure there will be loads of information.

A good start would be the Rising Degree and Sign.

H

thank you!

My main focus was on the 7 retrogrades; there were only 12 days in the 20th century with 7 retrogrades and the next one is about 2080.

I've forgotten how to post charts. There seems to be no easy way to drag and drop. My chart is a snippet on my own PC from astrotheme. So I don't know. At my age if it's too hard I don't bother.

It's always interesting to study the charts of specific events. In this experience which happened in the consciousness of Kwincunx it isn't the retrograde planets that point to an inner psychic experience. In India the Moon's nodes connect us to other dimensions, and in the west psychic experiences are generally associated with Uranus. Below I've posted the sidereal charts for this experience. The zodiac doesn't matter so much in this case. The key is the placement of Uranus and the Moon's nodes.
Note that the mean Nodes of the Moon (Rahu and Ketu) are precisely in the degree of the ascendant on the cusps of the 6th (stressful situations) and 12th houses, only ten minutes from exactitude. Uranus is with the South Node, easily the strongest astrological symbol that signifies eerie and otherworldly experiences. (See Prash Trivedi's The Key of Life: Astrology of the Lunar Nodes.)

The importance of the nodes is collaborated in the ninth harmonic (navamsa) chart where the nodes are highlighted in relation to the ascendant. Also note that the South Node conjoins the natal MC in this chart. These ninth harmonic nodes are conjunct the natal nodes in the same signs, thus making a double energy focus.

Celeste Teal says in her book Lunar Nodes (page 3) that she has found that the mean nodes appear to be the most accurate when used as a timing device in progressions. Perhaps they are also the most accurate in transits.

I would say that the main key to this experience is the south node (Ketu) in Scorpio on the (equal) natal 12th cusp with Uranus. It's important because it's in the degree of the ascendant. If we had the natal chart for Kwincunx, we could see the relationship between the natal and event planets.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Therese THANK YOU !!

That was and is a beautiful piece of work you've done.

I've had Psychic Experiences thru my Life.

NOT all wished for.

I think I am always aware that the Other Side is near by.

The Nodes and Uranus ?

Um ?

H

thank you!

I will have to think about that.

I was a bit succinct. This was a complex experience. There was a follow up. About 2 years after the experience my cat came into my bedroom. I rarely let her in there. About a minute later I noticed that she was pawing away at something like toying with a mouse. I looked. She had a pole in her claws and was fascinated by it. Suddenly I saw a red, burnt in mark on the pole; IT WAS THE SAME ONE THAT HAD THE SERPENT ON IT TWO YEARS BEFORE.
The same burnt in red colour that I have never seen anywhere else; I have no idea how even a professional artist on a curbed surface could do that. I have had cats my whole life. They like movement; they never grab something from deep behind a shelf, take it out and play with it.

I just sat down and gasped in disbelief for about 10 minutes. All that time I had forgotten where the heck it was and my cat instantly brought it out.

I don't have a date for this occurrence. I still shake my head in disbelief that any of this happened. I feel that my childhood was like a comic book character. I have no idea why this happened to me; I often joke that if I had been given any choice I would have given these experiences to people who could have got more from them.

Thank you again for the response. Far better than anything that I could have done if I had somehow put the chart up.

That is absolutely fascinating reading through it again. Sadly I can't give good natal chart details because as I said in another thread I had no birth certificate so I have no reliable birth time. That is weird because I am in the birth records for the UK; yet I did not get a certificate from the hospital which was a major UK hospital [fazakerley in Liverpool UK]

I am so grateful. I am 42/43. So I have been thinking about this event for a LONG time! What is absolutely stunning as well is the triangle shape in one of the charts; the next psychic experience that I had when I was 16 involved a triangle with a dot of white light in the middle. To me the chart and that cannot be a coincidence. Again amazing what a chart can lead to across numerous experiences.

Rocko wrote:
Therese THANK YOU !!
That was and is a beautiful piece of work you've done.
I've had Psychic Experiences thru my Life. NOT all wished for.
I think I am always aware that the Other Side is near by.
The Nodes and Uranus ? Um ?
Thank you, Rocko. I've noticed through the years on Skyscript that someone will write a thoughtful post, and often there will be no response. So I appreciate that you read my post. If you have your natal chart, you will be able to check the planets when psychic experiences happen and see if Uranus/and or the nodes are involved in your natal chart or transits.

In his readings, Edgar Cayce linked Uranus to psychic realms. In Rex Bill's The Rulership Book (p. 273) he has for Uranus: "psychism, psychics, psychic receptivity and faculties, psychic experiences and disturbances...psychic influences...."

So the concept of the psychic associated with Uranus has become pretty well entrenched in western astrology. Bills researched numerous astrological sources for his book.

Kwincunx, if you accept reincarnation, it seems that in a past life you may have been involved in some powerful psychic work so that remnants of your psychic associations still appear in your consciousness. This would be the most logical reason for your experiences in my opinion.

In India the serpent is linked to the Kundalini force coiled at the base of the spine. When awakened too early (forced to rise through the chakras--psychic enters to the head) without disciplined spiritual practices, the result can prove disastrous. A burnt serpent could somehow be linked to an occult warning from the past.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Vedic

I don't know a lot about Vedic astrology. Like 90% of people in the west I have been submerged in Western systems of astrology. After this I am left with more respect for Vedic traditions than what I had. I would be a total beginner if I read a book from a Vedic perspective.

To lapse back into Western thinking again, when Pluto enters Aquarius I think that science will be completely turned upside down and things like the Mandela effect will , like Phlogiston became oxygen, become a normally accepted thing. I think that the whole Western idea of cause and effect has to be reviewed. Cause and effect works for launching a space rocket; but it doesn't work well for humans and consciousness.

I have probably said everything that I wished to. I forgot to say that the serpent art was magnificent; a professional artist would have had a hard time doing it. While being terrifying it was beautiful. The expression. The burnt in effect. The coiled body/tail of it. A pro artist would take a month to do anything like that. I've been to galleries, both western and eastern. I have studied art. I have never seen anything like what I saw. Anyone who could do anything like that should get paid for doing art! That was way way beyond what any beginner could do.